Monday, August 8, 2011

I Scream, You Scream...

Happy Rainy Monday!
I think if you are anywhere near the Eastern seaboard, you can relate to the rainy weather today.
From what I have seen on the Weather Network, it is pretty much the same all around.
So I can say, that these pics of my June Hip 2B Square projects are less than stellar :( I really struggle to get a decent picture indoors when it is overcast but here they are anyway.

I knew as soon as I saw this die cut sheet from Jillibean Soup that I would break apart these circles (upper left hand corner & middle bottom of sheet) and use them as a focal point on my LO.


The floral paper REALLY reminded me of a fabric, so I was inspired to layer that inside my circles & stitch around the outside to give them some definition. This ended up being my favorite LO from this kit, I have never done a LO with circular pictures before, I have tried but they never seemed to look right. so I have always ended up re-doing them. I carried the circular theme through the LO using the ample supply of buttons (Kimberly ALWAYS gives me a generous supply in her kits and I think I end up using every. last. one ;)
Supplies used can be found at Hip2BSquare: HERE.



I picked up a couple of little 4x6" frames from the Dollar Store a few weeks ago and have been wanting to do some small inspirational pieces. I used the Out Of Print (Basic Grey) paper as my background design (I placed this under the glass). I really loved the shabby look of it.I then adhered some Jillibean Soup alpha stickers from the kit and placed my message right on the glass (this will allow me to easily change up my design at a later date). I finished it off with an oval fram from the JBS die cuts (layered with a neutral cardstock) and added a JBS corrugated kraft butterfly & buttons.
This little gem will find a home somewhere in my craft room.


I will definately have some more projects to share this week!
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Lilith Eeckels said...

I just LOVE your layouts and projects you made this month. They are AMAZING!!!

Jill Sarginson said...

quite possibly my most favourite layout of yours E.V.E.R!! So much so that I wanna lift it! :)