Monday, October 3, 2011

Aarrrh!

Hello Scrappy Peeps!
I have  a 2 pager that I did with my August Hip 2-b Square kit. This kit has some papers from the FABULOUS Amy Tangerine line (American Crafts) and I have just been itching to cut that big sun out of.

***Click on image to see both sides.

I always get the paper add-on for projects just like this,
 I cut a second sun out and layered it with pop
dots on top of the original for a 3-d effect.
 

I had a bit of fun paper piecing as well.
I free hand cut a boat and gold fillled treasure chest
(at least that is what I hope they look like ;) )
 I made the waves by using my scallop scissors
on the 'wrong side' or by flipping them.


This LO was also using the August kit from Hip 2-b Square and is
based on a sketch by Lisa Day. I really love sketches,
they really shorten the process when you are a bit
strapped for time or if you get stuck and need a scrappy push.

( LO is about a movie night we hosted for our family and friends
in our backyard this summer.)


Thanks for popping by!
Have a happy Monday!

No comments: