Thursday, September 22, 2011

Prom Night

This layout is a picture I took of my little sister the night of her prom last June. I played with my editing program (I upgraded my Picnik account and have been very happy with it) and tinkered a bit.

As you can see, I gave my scissors a pretty good workout on this LO. I cut elements from these 2 sheets:


I knew as soon as I saw the black chackboard sheet (and yes, you CAN write on it with chalk and wipe it off) that I would cut that gorgeous scroll detail out. I also knew that I would have alot of flower elements to play with on the grey sheet and cut that up as well.
**apologies for the crooked shot, I just could NOT get it straight that day.
Supplies: Rose Ave. Paper (35551) - Amy Tangerine, Hello Doilie Paper (35558) - Amy Tangerine, Good Night Paper (35516) - Nightfall, Petunia's Pastries Paper (35532) - Garden Cafe, Paper Flowers, Spice (72016) - Nightfall, Fabric Stickers, Wishing (42216) - Amy Tangerine, Accent & Phrase Stickers, Good Times (42213) - Amy Tangerine, Buttons, Variety (85558) - Hollyday, This to That Dimensional Dots (61709)

The pleated circle is from the Halloween line (Nightfall). I simply peeled off the brown button & added the small doilie sticker from the Amy Tan line to change the look of it.


Thank you again for visiting my blog!
Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

vegetablog said...

Your fussy-cutting is absolutely gorgeous on this layout! I really need to use this technique more. *Beautiful* layout...

Chris and Paige Evans said...

BEAUTIFUL layout Corrie! I really love how you cut out that Halloween paper and took the time to trim out the flowers.

Julie said...

Gosh! I guess you did work out those scissors.I love the soft feel to the photo and these are the perfect papers to showcase it.

Karen L said...

This is so beautiful! Love the striking colors and all the fussy cutting...so elegant!