Thursday, September 22, 2011

Prom Night

This layout is a picture I took of my little sister the night of her prom last June. I played with my editing program (I upgraded my Picnik account and have been very happy with it) and tinkered a bit.

As you can see, I gave my scissors a pretty good workout on this LO. I cut elements from these 2 sheets:


I knew as soon as I saw the black chackboard sheet (and yes, you CAN write on it with chalk and wipe it off) that I would cut that gorgeous scroll detail out. I also knew that I would have alot of flower elements to play with on the grey sheet and cut that up as well.
**apologies for the crooked shot, I just could NOT get it straight that day.
Supplies: Rose Ave. Paper (35551) - Amy Tangerine, Hello Doilie Paper (35558) - Amy Tangerine, Good Night Paper (35516) - Nightfall, Petunia's Pastries Paper (35532) - Garden Cafe, Paper Flowers, Spice (72016) - Nightfall, Fabric Stickers, Wishing (42216) - Amy Tangerine, Accent & Phrase Stickers, Good Times (42213) - Amy Tangerine, Buttons, Variety (85558) - Hollyday, This to That Dimensional Dots (61709)

The pleated circle is from the Halloween line (Nightfall). I simply peeled off the brown button & added the small doilie sticker from the Amy Tan line to change the look of it.


Thank you again for visiting my blog!
Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your fussy-cutting is absolutely gorgeous on this layout! I really need to use this technique more. *Beautiful* layout...

Paige Taylor Evans said...

BEAUTIFUL layout Corrie! I really love how you cut out that Halloween paper and took the time to trim out the flowers.

Julie said...

Gosh! I guess you did work out those scissors.I love the soft feel to the photo and these are the perfect papers to showcase it.

Karenladd said...

This is so beautiful! Love the striking colors and all the fussy cutting...so elegant!