Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

Happy Thursday!
One more day until the weekend.
I am SO stoked! Not sure why, but it has seemed like a longer week than usual.
I have done ALOT of scrapping & crafting (more to come later-PROMISE!) this week and surprisingly, it hasn't all been scrappy pages. BUT this is one that I have done using American Crafts new Chap line.
At first this page was NOT coming together-my friend Ann watched me cut paper after paper and ask her opinion-to which she would reply 'I don't hate it'. And I would LMH(ead)O. When all else fails with busy patterns-just add white cardstock. It's a super easy way to neutralize them. I knew this but I thought it was somehow taking the easy way out. Regardless-I am super-THRILLED with my end result and glad that I caved. I also added some punched and embossed clouds to add a bit more texture and interest (remember I said I have been giving my poor Cuttlebug a workout this past week on yesterday's post?? I have LOADS more to share in the coming days-I PROMISE)

Supplies Used (all American Crafts unless otherwise noted): White (71081) - Cardstock, Pomegranate (71025) - Cardstock, Dave Paper (35569) - Chap, James Paper (35579) - Chap, Jim Paper (35567) - Chap, Scott Paper (35579) - Chap, Bits Decorative Tags (77260) - Chap, Plastic Buttons (85569) - Chap, Bits Printed Tabs (77261) - Chap, Remarks Book Stickers Emelio (42220) - Chap, Straw Lovely (43243) - Thickers 
Punch: Fiskars Cloud (Large & X-Large)
Embossing: Cuttlebug Swiss Dot Embossing Folder




Thanks for stopping by!
HUGS & Happy Surfing!

2 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Love it! Fantastic design and I love the embossed clouds! :)

Teacher Ann said...

Well I may have started with "I don't hate it" but now " I LOVE IT!!!" Definitely one of my faves!!! Great Work!! xo