Friday, October 26, 2012

8 Lost Teeth

What a bad blogger I have been!
You know sometimes you need to take a step back and do something else some days? I rarely get that way with scrapbooking but the past few weeks, I have been playing with yarn ad have managed to neglect my blog. I have been playing on Pinterest lately, however, and have been newly inspired. I have a few LOs planned for the near future & I plan to get back to scrapping ASAP (hopefully this weekend!)
 
In the meantime, I have a LO that I did with the September Hip kit about Little Man's newest smile.
He has been very diligent about keeping track of the number of teeth he has lost (numbers are really his thing), so I cut the wooden veneer numbers at about the halfway point and highlighted the 8. I LOVED the small scale patterns & bright colors in this kit.
 
 
I also added the tag that Kimberley writes my name on and places with my kit again this month. I love using the packaging and other odds and ends that I might otherwise do away with on my LOs.



 
I also assembled a few easily assembled generic cards to have on hand.
I LOVE when cards are so easy to put together but they just do not come easily to me for some reason. I added a bit of cotton thread too (it's a steal at the big box stores for a few dollars for a large spool). It just gives my cards a bit of texture and I like simple little bows on my cards. 

 
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful Friday!

2 comments:

scrappymo! said...

The cards are really cute but that layout steals the show. Love all the layers and the way you do your embellishment clusters. The twine tied around the buttons from top to bottom is superb!

Hip 2-b Square said...

Your projects are fantastic! I too love the cards, but the layout is the bomb! :D Thanks for all of the wonderful things you create for me. :D xo Kimberly