Sunday, November 24, 2013

Working Girl

Since I started this LO, we got notice that our site was closing. BOO! :(
I think that may have been partially my reasoning for dragging my feet and printing my pics to finish this LO up. Who knows? While I am still a bit glum about losing a job that I thoroughly enjoy and am just starting to get better at, I have decided to be optimistic and believe that everything does happen for a reason and be thankful for the oppertunity and the wonderful friends I have made on this little journey.
 
 
I have to say that I love how this little project came together, I used the sunburst stencil and traced on the backside of my white cardstock, then cut and inked the edges. This felt too harsh (my inking skills still need soome work), so I layered a vellum sheet (again, traced & then cut) and went back to my scrappy roots and stitched it down. This really softened my edges and gave me a look I was happier with. It was halfway through this LO that I realized that I would never finish my projects if I put this much time into them all and decided to streamline my pages a bit. That being said, I am VERY happy that I I took the time to fiddle a bit more with this one as I love how pretty it turned out.


The letters in the kit were gettiing lost in all the prettiness here, so I added some of the woodgrain washi tape to them, trimmed and then lightly sanded the edge for a customized alpha. These stand out against the pattern papers MUCH better.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your work is incredible ! Congrats.