Monday, February 4, 2013

Paper Doilies

Happy Monday, Friends!
 
 
Today I am happy to report I am a guest on the Shimelle.com site, sharing some fun ideas about how to spruce up your paper crafts with paper doilies. (You can see the post HERE: 5 Ideas about scrapbooking with Paper Doilies  )
 
Please pop by, say HI and check out all five projects.
 
HUGS & Happy Surfing!



EDITED Feb 5th, 2013:
Just some answers to a few questions: You can normally find these types of doilies at your local $1 Store & Wal-mart (this is where I purchased the bulk of mine-I also have found some beautiful shades of paper doilies at Michael's in the discount section). I have also picked up doilies that were made by Little Yellow Bicycle several seasons ago from my LSS. I have located some online at Etsy stores, you can check them out here.

The measurements of the doilies for my banner are as follows:
Base: 10x10" round
2nd layer: 8x8" round
Heart doilies: 6x6"
The overall length of my banner is approximately 70".
 

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi Cindy,
I came across your post on Shimelles blog & fell in love with your doily heart banner. I have a daughter getting married in a couple of months & this would be a perfect addition to hang along the front of the bridal table. Unfortunatley red heart doilies are hard to come by in New Zealand. Can you give me some ideas as to where I might be able to find some online. Also if you could let me know the approximate sizes of the doilies you used would be great. Will have a go at trying to replicate. Thanks heaps.
Carol Argyle