Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Gingerbread Man

WOW! 'Tis the Season to be busy!
I have been attempting to finish this post for several days and then something always happens and it doesn't get done. I am currently typing this at 2:01AM as I have had waaaaay too much caffiene and suddenly have an energy burst (which I am sure will bite me on the backside in the AM-LOL)

I am always so amazed when my picky little eater takes a liking to something new. This pic was taken when he was 4. I was convinced he would want nothing to do with a gingerbread cookie (and that I would be the one to finish it off when he turned his nose up at it ;) ) but as usual, he surprises and delights me when I least expect it and ate the whole thing (although he was a bit tentative at first). Gingerbread men have since become a holiday tradition for us  :) Now, he would eat one every day and twice on Sunday if I would allow it. :)

For this LO, I mostly used the new American Crafts Hollyday line and 'grinched it up' a bit with some lime-y greens from a couple of other lines for a more playful colour scheme. I finished it up with a few of the pre-fab paper flowers and felt embellishments for added texture.
Supplies: White (71081) - Cardstock, Bellsnickle Paper (35487) - Hollyday, Santa Baby Paper (35482) - Hollyday, Whiskers Paper (35502) - Hollyday, Clover Cantina Paper (35537) - Garden Cafe, Cafe Iris Paper (35541) - Garden Cafe, Details, Shiny (78052) - Details, Bright (78053) - Details, Printed Variety Tags (85555) - Bits, Peppermint (72014) - Delights, Winter Wonderland (42201) - Remarksk Books, Eclair Cucumber (53226) - Thickers




Supplies: White (71081) - Cardstock , Whiskers Paper (35502) - Hollyday, Santa Baby Paper (35482) - Hollyday, Winter Wonderland (42201) - Remarks Books, Shiny (78052) - Details

Remember I said last month that I have been giving my poor Cuttlebug a workout?
This was another project that I did using my Spellbinders penant dies.
Again, it was an easy peasy project-the most time consuming part was picking papers out of my scrap pile.


Cardstock: Momenta, Paper- Echo Park, Cosmo Cricket, Lace Cardstock- KI Memories
Alphas-My Little Shoebox, Trim-from Stash
Circle Punches-EK Sucess, Dies-Spellbinders
Embossing Folders- Cuttlebug (Swiss Dots)


Thanks for popping in-I will have some fun projects from the November Hip 2-b Square kit to share with you soon! Until then, HUGS and Happy Surfing!

1 comment:

Tracey Taylor said...

Did someone get the Spellbinders pennants die? ~jealous~

LOVE these...beautiful as always.