Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sweet Summer (re-do)

Hi Scrappy Peeps!

It occurred to me as I was posting my favorite projects from 2011 that I never actually posted this one to my blog (although it has already appeared on the AC blog). I hope you don't mind the re-cap!

********************************
Did you ever scrap a page and then thought, 'Meh.'? I do. ALOT. Sometimes I just move on to the next project and sometimes I don't. I put these LO's in my 're-do' pile. EEK!

When I got my American Crafts' DT assignment last month and saw that it was a page make-over project, I knew just the LO to make over.
This was a page I was never really happy with. I always felt that the colors were too cool for the photo, the pic was too small, the punched edge on the circle was too fussy.. etc.
The paper line was beautiful, it just never 'worked' with this page.


This page has alot more visual balance, it is in my favorite
8.5x11" format & the color scheme fits my picture much better.
This one is a definate keeper!
However, when I gently removed the elements from my photo, there was some left over torn paper that remained in the right hand corner, so I had to be a bit creative with burlap & tags ;) . 
Supplies: White (71081) - Cardstock, Geyser (71469) - Cardstock, James Paper (35574) - Chap, Tim Paper (35577) - Chap, Mike Paper (35572) - Chap, Journaling Cards (64012) - Just Write, Plastic Buttons (85569) - Elements, Variety Tabs (77261) - Bits, Variety Tags (77260) - Bits, Emelio (42220) - Remarks Books, Sunny (72024) - Delights, Wonder Kale (53263) - Thickers, Lovely Straw (43243) - Thickers



Thanks for popping in - I hope  you are having a wonderful and peaceful weekend.
HUGS & Happy Surfing!

No comments: