Monday, September 17, 2012

These are the days

Every once in awhile I get the crazy idea to dye my hair.
I have had my fair share of hair catastrophes (I once bleached my hair so much that it melted under the heat of the hairdryer - similar to what would happen to Barbie if you tried to curl her hair with a curling iron. There was also a period of time when my SIL referred to me as 'Money' - which was short for Moneycat - I had so many different colors going on in my hair.) The below pic is a highlighting kit x3 which fried my hair and made my ends 'crispy' so this weekend I decided to try a darker shade for the Fall. This is much closer to my natural color but way darker than I intended. Not sure how I am feeling about it. (my apologies for the grungy, no make up 'before' pic and I probably should have put some gloss on my lips for the after pic. But you get the idea. ;) )  
 
What do you think? Do you do your own hair?
Do you have any disaster stories like mine?

 
On to non-related scrappy news: I have a LO to share today.
This was a 'just-because', 'gunna-use-whatever-I-please' kind of LO.
When I dig into my supply of goodies, I never know what I am going to come out with.
 
I used a whole hodge podge of product on this one and LOVE the way it came together. The pic is of my Little Man & his Nanny (aka. my MIL), they were acting silly inthe back seat with a stuffed snake on a road trip we took last month. I just love the sweet, natural smile on each of their faces.  

Supplies: Cardstock - American Crafts, Paper - Lily Bee (blue polka), Echo Park (yellow), Fancy Pants (striped), My MInd's Eye (green), Simple Stories Sticker (denim border), My mind's Eye Journal spot, Basic Grey Dimensional Stickers (Wander), Echo Park Sticker (makes me happy), Studio G Twine, American Crafts Thickers,  October AFternoon Mini ALphas, Maya Road kraft envelope, woodedn buttons unknown.Tim Holtz tiny attacher, Jenni Bowlin Fiskars pennant punch 



Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Monday! :)

2 comments:

Hip 2-b Square said...

Cindy I love the dark hair!!! It looks so pretty with your fair skin. Great look for fall!!! Your layout is awesome too! xo Kimberly

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what an adorable layout- love it

I dye my own hair and have done so for 20 years. My hair dresser taught me how to mix the colors etc. i love the darker look!