Wednesday, September 9, 2009

New LOs and a fun new techique :)

Happy(early) Thursday People!

I have been playing with scrappy supplies (it's always such a treat to dig into your own stash of scraps and just go with it!) This Lo is a re-do x two! I did it a LONG time ago and was never really happy with it, so I took it apart and re-did it again (and absolutely HATED IT-LOL) and this is my third attempt. Three times a charm!


This is DS's third b-day in which he LOVED the hat but not the feeling of the elastic around his neck, so he found a way to perch it on his head in such a way that his hair held the elastic and hat on his head.








Supplies- Cardstock-Bazzill swiss dot, Prism, the Paper Company, Papers- cosmo cricket, Sassafrass Lass, Chipboard-Cosmo (clouds), Stamps- My Stampbox (Birthday), Autumn Leaves (Hat), Studio Calico (scalloped corner accent), Black Stazon, Ribbon-$1 store, buttons-unknown, black zig pen & white Uniball gel pen, Martha Stewart Punch (Loops).


* * * * * * *

This is another re-do. I only attempted this one ONE TIME and adore the way it turned out.


For the orange pattern paper, I used a rubber seat gripper for lack of a better term) that I bought at the $1 Store, placed it over my white cardstock and sprayed it with Maya Road Mist in orange. Then I did the old standard of tracing a template, cutting and matting it. I was REALLY happy with the color and how it turned out. This was a really easy technique and the paper dried really fast and didn't bubble or curl.


Supplies- Cardstock-Bazzill, the Paper Company, Paper-DCWV, Chipboard-Cosmo Cricket, Stamps-My Stamp Box (Special Kid), Michael's Bargain section (tiny alphas), Ink-black Stazon, Deco Scissors, Buttons-unknown (from stash)


Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

5 comments:

Aphra Bolyer said...

Oooo, love these! That scalloped yellow paper on the 2nd one is divine.

Jenn Di Paolo said...

Cindy is a smarty pants! Cindy is a smarty pants! What a fabu idea. You rock!!!

Cindye Wile said...

aweome pages ... love the colors in both and love the cut out pics.
DD always hated those elastics too.
:)

ellen s. said...

hahahah! love them both!

Tina McDonald said...

Gasp... I spy with my little eye JOURNALING STRIPS!! :) Fabulous job with them! Love the look! :)